Lucia Mar Unified School District
GARY JORALEMON AGE:61
Occupation: SLO County Chief Deputy Probation Officer/Juvenile Hall Superintendent (Ret.). Current college and university Instructor
Education and Qualifications: Bachelor’s Degree in Social Science/Criminal Justice from Cal Poly, Master’s Degree in Leadership from St. Mary’s College, graduate of the Chief Probation Officers of California Command College. Former Law Enforcement Academy Instructor, and private justice consultant.
Accomplishments as a Chief Deputy Probation Officer:
- Wrote federal grants and managed the county’s first Drug Court and Comprehensive Sex Officer Management Program
- Reduced violence in the Juvenile Hall by introducing pro-social activities
- Established the first Juvenile Hall Girl Scout troop in California
- Collaboratively produced the Juvenile Hall’s first GLBTQ+ and human trafficking policies and procedures
My top priorities will be:
- Re-engage PARENTS and return them to a vital part of District decision making
- Better vet and educate LMUSD employees to aggressively protect students against sexual assault and/or abuse
- Full support for School Resource Officers on our high school campuses
- Retain effective teachers
We need proven and experienced leaders, not partisan activists on our local school boards. Let’s start our conversation. Contact me at email@example.com.